Wednesday 11 November 2009

new knife


The left side is the knife I bought from Preferred Edge. I've only used it on apple wood, to try it out. Its double edges and I like the idea. However like most things it takes me a while to get used to it. I want to use it on a cherry wood bowl I've started but lacked the means of finishing.

The black thing on the right is a scalpel handle made by Veratis. A compfortable tool in the hand. I'm using it in an effort to clean up carvings. The butt end has a cavity for spare blades.

2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

cool knife! I wonder how difficult it will be to sharpen it. Looks kinda like a scorp. ( I think that is the name of it) used to hollow out bowls and chairs

diy said...

I've made a sharpener, hi-tec. A piece of a brush handle covered with leather and some of that gold stuff rubbes on.
Seems to do the trick.