Thursday 29 October 2009

viking hound


Here's my latest headache. Its from a patteren in an Irish book. It represents a hound. My it nature and size its a bit delicate. I carved so much and have it now in position on a Jewelery box lid. Its at the stage that a magnifying glass and a scalpel are called for. The scalpel is a Swan Morton handle and blade. I 'd say a good idea I mentioned this to Tom and will put a photo on this blog, when I remember.For me its work and hour and then walk away from. I tend to get careless if I spend more time. If its passable fine, if not its only tack glued to the lid.

1 comment:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

It's true that sometimes you just have to walk away from things so you can get a new look on them. I often find myself making more and more mistakes when I start getting fatiqued.